This briefing is a summary of action taken by the Bandera Independent School District Board of Trustees at their recent scheduled meeting. It is provided as a courtesy and not a requirement of the Texas Open Meetings Act. It is not intended to act as the official minutes which are maintained by the Superintendent?s office and approved by the Board at a later date.
Bandera ISD Board Briefings - January 12, 2010
Call to Order and Establish Quorum:
- A meeting of the Bandera ISD Board of Trustees was held on January 12, 2010 at the Bandera ISD Central Office located at 815 Pecan Street in Bandera.
- Board President, Dr. Barbara Skipper called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM. A quorum was established with Board Members Rick Groomer, Greg Hicks, Laurie Neff, Barbara Skipper, Lee Haile, Don Miller, and Genevieve Modarelli in attendance.
Pledge of Allegiance:
- The Pledge of Allegiance to the United States and Texas flag was presented by Alkek Elementary student Cyrus Bourg.
Brad Domitrovich, Bandera ISD Communications, presented the recognition items to the Board which included:
- Cyrus Bourg and Antonio Estrada from Alkek Elementary School, were recognized as "Students of the Month" by Superintendent Dr. Kevin Dyes, Board President Dr. Barbara Skipper, and Principal Scott Tipton.
- The Bandera ISD Leadership Academy 2008-2009 graduates were recognized. They included: Michele Barnet, Dixie Koiner, Laurie Davis, Adele Murphy, Chip Jackson, Kathy Jennings, and Stephanie Jones.
- In honor of School Board Recognition Month, the FCCLA and Culinary Arts students from Bandera High School prepared a supper for the Board of Trustees, Leadership Academy graduates, and district administrators. Thank you notes and posters from Hill Country Elementary School students were presented to the Board, and customized cowboy hats painted by Bandera Middle School art students were presented to each Board Member.
- The Board approved the Consent Agenda which included: Approve Minutes of the December 8 Board Training Meeting; Approve Minutes of the December 8 Public Hearing; Approve Minutes of the December 8 Regular Board Meeting; Budget Status Report; Personnel Report; Food Service Report; and Consideration and Possible Action to Approve Modified Schedule/TAKS Testing Days Expedited Waiver Application.
- No one signed up to be heard for Citizen's Comments.
- Dr. Kevin Dyes presented the Superintendent's Report which included: Student Activities; Technology; CATE Courses; Facilities Update; and PEIMS Reporting.
- Dr. Kevin Dyes presented information on the Limited English Proficient Students? Annual Measurable Achievement Objectives for 2008-2009.
- Dr. Kevin Dyes presented a Revenue Update.
- Dr. Kevin Dyes presented the 2010-2011 Budget Planning Calendar.
- The Board approved the District Calendar for 2010-2011.
- The Board adjourned to closed meeting at 7:32 PM Pursuant to Section 551.074 of the Texas Government Code, Deliberation about the Evaluation and Contract Extension of the Superintendent.
Reconvene in Open Meeting:
- The Board reconvened at 10:14 PM.
- The meeting was adjourned at 10:16 PM.